Ruffled Curtains With Attached Valance

Ruffled Curtains With Attached Valance | Window treatments are one of the most significant accessories in room decor. With so many different styles, materials, shapes, colors, prints and patterns of window treatments, it can be quite confusing when attempting to decide which type is right for your own home. One kind of window treatment that’s very popular are curtain valances.

Curtain valances are much like curtain panels apart from length. These shorter versions of curtain panels in many cases are utilized as well as curtain panels but they are also quite frequently used alone as well. Another style valance is but one that comes attached to the the top of curtain panel.

See also: Bird Kitchen Curtains

Decorating with curtain valances is fairly simple yet quite effective in enhancing a room’s decor. One of the elements of most of these window treatments that will vary is the kind of top they have. Tab tops are simply just tabs of cloth attached along the upper portion of the valance. They slip onto a curtain rod and are about 4 inches in total. The valance itself is usually between 14 to 16 inches in total. Another style top is the grommet top. Grommets are metal rings shaped like donuts with holes in the middle. These grommets are inserted in to the the top of valance and also the curtain rod is weaved through them that gives a uniformed pleated look. A third style top is the rod pocket. Rod pockets are openings in the tops of curtain panels and valances that permit a rod to slip through and be concealed by the curtain, similar to a sleeve. There are also tie tops that are equally as they sound; two ties that tie throughout the curtain rod like a shoelaces.